Feb 19, 2013

Easy Peasy

Note: This post is not about peas.  Although, come to think of it, that would have been a clever title. =)

Have you seen those pictures that say: Grow your own _____?  I kept seeing the grow your own celery pictures.  It looks so simple!  Just cut off the bottom, and put in water for a week.  You should start seeing growth and roots, then you can put it right in the garden.  Easy peasy, right?

First tip: must remember to add water.  First try... I kind of forgot about it. Whoops.  Hey, give a girl a break, grad school keeps me reading and writing non-stop.  Not to mention researching primary documents until my eyes cross. And quietly crying, with crossed eyes, over the primary documents because I'm in the library and you have to cry quietly in the library.

HA! Only kidding, folks, it's not that bad. However, I AM two weeks behind on Downton Abbey. My life is in shambles.  =)

Back to the celery...  Here's my second attempt in the beginning:


As you can see, I took organic celery, and just chopped off the bottom.  Nothing exciting here, folks.
Day 3:

Can you see that teeny tiny root?  I do!

Day 7:
Look a little closer...


Growth!!!!
I'll keep you updated, but can someone please remind me to water??  I'd also like to add that the grow your own pineapple, which also seems like a good idea, is not, in my opinion. Pineapple plants take 2-4 years to start producing.  I am not that patient, but if you are... Give it a shot and let me know how it turns out. =)

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the laughs and please keep us updated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While making me feel green thumb inferior, your blog sure does make me smile. :) I'm excited to see how this one turns out.

    ReplyDelete