May 28, 2011

Celebrate!

There are many reasons right now for me to celebrate... My gallbladder is out, and I am hungry again!  Woo hoo!  I am slowly recovering, and my husband has done a wonderful job of taking care of me.  I couldn't have asked for a single thing that he didn't provide.  I am ready to be 100%, and am trying to be patient with my recovery.

Also, I now have 10 followers!  I think this demands a party.  So, when are you all free?  Hahaha, only joking, I know you all live across many state lines.  Thanks, readers!!  I honestly thought no one would follow my crazy, nerdy blog.  Apparently, there are many other crazy, nerd-loving people out there!  =)

Now, I haven't been able to get out into my garden, but I have a few more plants that have been hardening off this week on the deck.  Next year, I know I need to start my seeds earlier.  This year a trip interfered, and I knew they wouldn't get the water they needed.  But, here is an update from some old pictures that I took before my surgery. 

My poor, confused TT tomato was still growing strangely and strong.  I haven't seen any blooms or signs of fruit yet, but at least it is still green and growing!
I harvested some lettuce before my surgery, and we had a salad this week.  Sadly, it is time for the lettuce to go.  It tasted bitter, and that's a sign the cool weather season crop has had it's day.  I will definitely be planting more lettuce in the fall!
If you look closely here, you will see my first planting of corn is coming up.  I am spacing them out every two weeks so we aren't swamped with corn.  I can't wait to taste it and hope it turns out okay.  What did the corn plant say to the farmer?  Stop picking on me!  LOL, couldn't help myself, a corny joke was necessary.


All of my other plants seem to be filling out nicely.  I can't wait to get out there again, and see what they look like now!  I know that I have mentioned that this garden is organic, and I am not using pesticides unless I absolutely have to.  I have some natural repellents like marigolds, nasturtium, garlic, and other herbs.  While I was working in the garden, I am happy to say a few insects gave a stamp of approval.  Here is my first visitor that I was able to capture on camera!
Thanks again everyone for your support and good wishes!

No comments:

Post a Comment