Apr 4, 2011

Feeding the birds

I have a bird feeder in the backyard by my garden.  Can you see it?  The birds took a while to find it, but now they visit it quite frequently.  Also, stupid squirrels also come to pick up the seeds the birds have dropped from my squirrel-proof bird feeder. (I am of the opinion that squirrels are just rats, and I don't think they are cute, and I wish they wouldn't come into my yard.)  Anyway, I digress.

The other morning, I went out to check on my garden, and startled a hawk sitting in this tree.  Besides scaring me, I thought nothing of said hawk.  I had seen him before, camped out on my fence.


However, as I looked around, I noticed little tufts of feathers.  It seems, by feeding the birds, I have brought the food chain to my backyard and somehow acquired a pet hawk.  I think I will name him Fluffy.

1 comment:

  1. Fluffy? I think the regal bird deserves something a little more dignified. Maybe Mr. Fluffy, or Prince Fluffy?? : )

    ReplyDelete